British Guard cavalry question

Regale us with tales of fine victories, unit histories, painted troops and elaborate missions during the era of Frederick the Great, but please do not forget to pass the port!

British Guard cavalry question

Postby Mr Steve » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:12 am

I have been considering raising a British Guard Cavalry brigade to face off the French Gendarmes and I have been puzzling over something in the Army lists. It says that you can raise 3 units of British Guard cavalry , now I only plan to have 1 , the Royal Horse Guards (Blues) but I wondered what the other 2 units would be. Horse Grenadiers are only 2 troops (although they were over strength troops )and I suppose the other could be The Household /Lifeguard cavalry who stayed in Britain.
Which 3 units do you think the lists refer to ?
Mr Steve

Re: British Guard cavalry question

Postby FredericktheGreat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Yes the other Guard regiments and troops all stayed in Britain, however in 1756-7 there was the possibility of a French invasion. If they had em, you can field em :) Although this is not exactly historical.
FredericktheGreat

Postby Mr Steve » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:36 am

Thanks for the reply , it confirms what I was thinking. I have heard rumours of some people fielding un-historical forces , lets hope they see the error of their ways.
Mr Steve

Postby FredericktheGreat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Mr Steve wrote:Thanks for the reply , it confirms what I was thinking. I have heard rumours of some people fielding un-historical forces , lets hope they see the error of their ways.

I have seen some very interesting lists, certainly not all of them historical. :)

The beauty of the army lists is they allow you to act with either a historical or "game" mindset. The army lists are designed to build the British-Hanoverian Brigade that gave the French a drubbing at Minden 1759 or if you are going to a tournament that super, well tuned list with no fatty bits for the purpose of victory.

Interestingly enough along with other Koenig Krieg projects there is going to be a set of historical battles books released as well now that I have got to grips with map making technology :)
FredericktheGreat

Return to KOENIG KRIEG