Devon Wargames play KK

Regale us with tales of fine victories, unit histories, painted troops and elaborate missions during the era of Frederick the Great, but please do not forget to pass the port!

Devon Wargames play KK

Postby Mr Steve » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:55 am

After adding in more cavalry and some foreign units to both sides I put on another game of KK at Devon Wargames .
AAR below
http://devonwargames.blogspot.co.uk/

One question from the players was how to do Passage of lines, I said that as long as the units could clear the people in front /behind then OK. was I right?
Now to paint up some Allied Grenadiers and a Saxon Brigade , oh and yet more cavalry.
Mr Steve

Re: Devon Wargames play KK

Postby FredericktheGreat » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:59 am

Welcome Steve and thanks for joining the forum :)

Absolutely love what you guys have done with Koenig Krieg in Devon. Beautiful, figures, lovely tables, just how it is meant to be played as a visual spectacle :)

Great work on the blogspot.

The rules do not actually have a passage of lines section to them. So your house rule will work just :)

Some intersting news for our UK friends, Caliver Books now sells our small range of 15mm Koenig Krieg SYW miniatures http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Cat ... egoryID=72

I sold them to Dave a week or so ago. He has already spun up a bunch and will be at one of your local conventions with them this weekend. If your there say hi if not ask him about the range, I am sure he will expand it wonderfully. Also ask him about Koenig Krieg as we are in talks right now regards books for the UK. Currently however you certainly can get both Koenig Krierg rules and Koenig Krieg supplement from Lulu.com, but if Dave and I can come to an arrangement it will probably be cheaper through him than even Lulu.

So some exciting times ahead :)

Cheers
Drew
FredericktheGreat

Postby Mr Steve » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:07 am

Thanks Drew glad you enjoyed our game, as KK is something I plan to keep adding to I will definitely look out for the Caliver stand at the next show I attend. Rest assured I will do my bit to push an excellent set of rules.
I have also been speaking to Timecast over the last year and they have now brought over Old Glory's Ottoman range of figures suitable for this period so that is also on the long list of projects.

First up though is adding in a Saxon Brigade to the French forces and recently there was an interesting discussion on TMP regarding the appropriate uniform style for Saxons post Pirna . As a result I will now be switching over to Austrian uniforms instead of the Prussian ones I had originally planned on.
Mr Steve

Postby SWS_Admin » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:27 pm

Ah yes the Saxons! I have also been adding a few Saxon battalions in my 20mm army I am currently building.

Now the ottomans are a very interesting army, I love playing with them :) You can lose 30 odd stands and still win the game :) After all that's what fellahin are for right :)
SWS_Admin
Site Admin

Return to KOENIG KRIEG