Prussian woes

Regale us with tales of fine victories, unit histories, painted troops and elaborate missions during the era of Frederick the Great, but please do not forget to pass the port!

Prussian woes

Postby Big Gav » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:56 am

kicked off a campaign using the speed gaming mini games, grabbed a few happy snaps of game 1.

I had a few blonde moments and made some very silly mistakes that will hurt me for the rest of the campaign
Big Gav

Re: Prussian woes

Postby FredericktheGreat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:31 am

Oh fear not! What's a war unless your Prussians are outnumbered at least 2:1. Just like 1760, ah those were the days :lol:
FredericktheGreat

Postby Big Gav » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Game 2 Unleash the horse, saw lots of riding around the centre woods. it finished in a draw
our table for game 2
Prussians heavy horse all class 8 and ready to party
But the British horse was to elusive
meanwhile my Prussian Dragoon Regts were at risk of being swamped by 2 brigades
it was a miss match on either side of the woods and neither wanted to loose valuable units for future games, so we rode around but never committed to action as neither could gain any adantage.

Big Gav

Postby FredericktheGreat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Great Batrep and a great campaign so far! Very nice terrain too Gav 8-)
FredericktheGreat

Postby Big Gav » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Sound of the guns 600 points
After the defeat in game one and loosing 189 points out of my army I throw forward my 2 fresh Fusilier Brigades both with 4 battalions of class 4's and a battery each and my strong cavalry Brigade
Our table for game 3
Fusilier Forward! Cavalry in reserve
the British horse had some bad intentions for my right flank it was time to form squares and hope
my battery was a little proud of the formation and was ridden down.
One square held and bounce the charge, the battery was destroyed and the sensing victory the British rode on to take a Fusilier Battlion.
but the battalion had trained long and hard at it's musketry and destroyed the regiment.
a following volley the next turn casused a few more casualties on the other horse regiment and broke the brigade. The following turn the British general had to test his army moral and rolled a 6! the only number he didn't want to roll. Victory to the Prussians.
Big Gav

Postby Big Gav » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Stay tuned for game 4 Rear Guard (500 points), with the Prussians in defence

We managed to knock out 3 games in one evening! the linked missions with the carring forward of casualties thru the campaign and the need to balance reiforcing units with the need to save VP's to maintain a competitive chance is very interesting.
Big Gav

Postby FredericktheGreat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:10 am

Sensational! Loved the Fusiliers repelling the British in the game. Wonderful pictures and batrep!
FredericktheGreat

Return to KOENIG KRIEG