La Guerre Du Roi Army Lists

Here you can join us in a general discussion of the era 1670-1730, show us your painting and modelling, battle reports and much much more........

La Guerre Du Roi Army Lists

Postby FredericktheGreat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Well,

The website is almost ready. I am hoping to launch on Saturday. Hooray at last :)

The La Guerre Du Roi lists for the various army Parade Handbooks are slowly being developed. Not enough to release any for playtesting yet. With all the other playtesting that is going on there is only so much I can get done. But the exciting news is I have begun an excel spreadsheet for all the countries during 1670-1730.

Keep checking in to this area for more news on La Guerre Du Roi.
FredericktheGreat

Re: La Guerre Du Roi Army Lists

Postby CharlesXII » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:12 am

How closely will your version of La Guerre du Roi be to the original version? There were some interesting period related rule differences in that version which could readily be adapted to your newer version of KK.
CharlesXII

Postby FredericktheGreat » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:19 pm

The rules will be kept fairly closely to the Koenig Krieg rules. There are some quite distinct period differences which will make things a bit different. Here are a few.

Shaken: Each time a unit is fired on by an artillery battery and passes a test it is shaken, if fails it will retreat. Each time a friendly unit retreats within 2 inches all the way till it ends its retreat all friendlies do a shaken test. Each time a unit is shot at on the flank or rear or loses a base do a shaken test.

Changes of formation, facing etc will cause disorder (morale) tests. A unit which is disordered and fails a second disorder test will be unable to act for the rest of a turn while they sort themselves out, redress ranks etc, yes this also includes the the close combat phase, they will not be able to perform defensive fire, charge etc.

Cavalry may shoot as very poor shots at a range of 2 inches.

Shooting:
Platoon fire: 4+ to hit (Dutch and British)
Fire Drill (Hanoverians, Prussians, Hessians and a few others that adopted the 3 rank line and began or supposedly began adopting Platoon Fire) 5+ to hot reroll 1 failed hit.
Standard Shots 5+
Poor Shots 5+ Reroll 1 successful hit (includes Spanish, (both sides) Turkish (not Janissary), Cossacks, Tartars, Persians, Indians, Russians, Italians (Naples etc) Some Reichs forces) Polish.
Very Poor Shots 6+

Close Combat:
All will be able to act as per Koenig Krieg. Except no changes of formation or facing for infantry, may shoot or charge or countercharge if Pike armed only.
Gunners must flee if charged in CC phase.
Pike always gain a +1 in melee. Pike charging may also reroll their melee dice once if they are not happy with the result.
Infantry 4+ to break the bayonets, Pike are 6+ to break the bayonets. No squares.

Light Cavalry are all irregular, medium cavalry gain +1 when charging and HC gain +2 when charging. Elite HC gain +3 when charging.
FredericktheGreat

Postby CharlesXII » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:07 am

Sounds interesting. Any distinctions for the Swedes of the Great Northern War?
CharlesXII

Postby SWS_Admin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Swedes are all Class 6, Pike, and Ga Pa special rule +1 morale when charging and in melee. Yes the cavalry get that too. Swedes are there to charge. a 12 figure battalion only gets 4 dice shooting because 1 base is pike armed (that base should always be the command base).

Swedes can have German battalions as well, these do not get Ga Pa and are only class 5 :)

If you are an ultra aggressive commander there is no better army than Swedes :)
SWS_Admin
Site Admin

Postby CharlesXII » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:49 am

Sounds good. What is your best guess on when the lists and rules might be available for play testing?
CharlesXII

Postby FredericktheGreat » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:05 pm

I am just finishing off the army lists off Napoleonic's. These will be finished by July. I will be starting the official playtest lists from July onwards. I am slowly working on them now getting ready for playtesting, but nothing concrete for playtesters yet :D
FredericktheGreat

Return to LA GUERRE DU ROI