Grendal Cup 2013

Saga is a wonderful little game created by Studio Tomahawk for refighting battles in the Dark Ages....

Grendal Cup 2013

Postby FredericktheGreat » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Saturday morning was a lovely bright and warm Autumn day here is Brisbane as the SAGA tourney began. We had players rock up from Toowoomba and the Sunshine Coast as well as the local crowds. As the dice started rolling and the battle cries of the various war-bands echoed throughout the gaming hall, some in Norse, some in Greek, some in French, and others Gaelic, Native American and Saxon there was a genuine buzz of excitement.

There were 4 x 4pt games, 2x Pitched Battles, 1x Challenge and 1x Awakening the Monster. Each game was to last 7 turns or 1.25 hours, so the games went fast, with loads of bloodshed :twisted: Points were awarded on how many of the enemy you killed so it really was all about getting stuck in or close enough to rain a hail of arrows. Something the Skraelings and Bretons did extremely well.

When the dust settled and all was said and done Clint's Bretons cam first, Glen came a very close second with his Skraeling Warband, which by the way is absolutely beautiful, but then I can expect no less from a Golden Daemon winner :) In 3rd place were Pete's Vikings. Best sportsmanship went to Stephen who bravely ran a Byzantine War-band he had just purchased and best painted army (players cannot receive more than one prize so Glenn was ineligible to win best painted army) evolved to Alastairs lovely Doer Scots war-band :D

All in all a very good day and loads of fun was had by all and thank you all for many kind calls after the event saying just that. Also thanks to the sponsors Siege Works Studios, War and Peace Games, Eureka Miniatures and Auscon for the great certificates and prize support 8-)

Lastly here are a few pics I was able to snap before getting dragged into playing in the tournament as well with my Normans.

Glenn's Skraelings. I really love how he was able to make crows as his fatigue markers as well that really added visual appeal to an already perfect army.

Bretons

Anglo-Danes and others

FredericktheGreat

Return to SAGA